- (n.) The external part of a thing; the part, end, or side which forms the surface; that which appears, or is manifest; that which is superficial; the exterior.
- (n.) The part or space which lies without an inclosure; the outer side, as of a door, walk, or boundary.
- (n.) The furthest limit, as to number, quantity, extent, etc.; the utmost; as, it may last a week at the outside.
- (n.) One who, or that which, is without; hence, an outside passenger, as distinguished from one who is inside. See Inside, n. 3.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the outside; external; exterior; superficial.
- (a.) Reaching the extreme or farthest limit, as to extent, quantity, etc.; as, an outside estimate.
- (adv.) or prep. On or to the outside (of); without; on the exterior; as, to ride outside the coach; he stayed outside.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
- (a.) Involving tedium; tiresome from continuance, prolixity, slowness, or the like; wearisome.