- Eat sparingly, for health reasons or to lose weight
- Follow a regimen or a diet, as for health reasons; "He has high blood pressure and must stick to a low-salt diet"
- The act of restricting your food intake (or your intake of particular foods)
- The usual food and drink consumed by an organism (person or animal)
- A prescribed selection of foods
- A legislative assembly in certain countries (e.g., Japan)
- A formal deliberative assembly. Eg. The Japanese parliament.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: DEIST
- (n.) One who believes in the existence of a God, but denies revealed religion; a freethinker.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Prepare for publication or presentation by correcting, revising, or adapting; "Edit a book on lexical semantics"; "she edited the letters of the politician so as to omit the most personal passages"
- Cut or eliminate; "she edited the juiciest scenes"
- Cut and assemble the components of; "edit film"; "cut recording tape"
- Supervise the publication of; "The same family has been editing the influential newspaper for almost 100 years"
- (a.) Having a site; situated.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sty
- Be carried with the tide
- Cause to float with the tide
- Rise or move forward; "surging waves"
- The periodic rise and fall of the sea level under the gravitational pull of the moon
- Something that may increase or decrease (like the tides of the sea); "a rising tide of popular interest"
- There are usually two high and two low tides each day