- (imp. & p. p.) of Mure
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: DEMUR
- (v. i.) To linger; to stay; to tarry.
- (v. i.) To delay; to pause; to suspend proceedings or judgment in view of a doubt or difficulty; to hesitate; to put off the determination or conclusion of an affair.
- (v. i.) To scruple or object; to take exception; as, I demur to that statement.
- (v. i.) To interpose a demurrer. See Demurrer, 2.
- (v. i.) Stop; pause; hesitation as to proceeding; suspense of decision or action; scruple.
- (v. t.) To suspend judgment concerning; to doubt of or hesitate about.
- (v. t.) To cause delay to; to put off.