- (v. t.) To make a tender of; to offer or tender.
- (v. t.) To accompany as an assistant or protector; to care for the wants of; to look after; to watch; to guard; as, shepherds tend their flocks.
- (v. t.) To be attentive to; to note carefully; to attend to.
- (v. i.) To wait, as attendants or servants; to serve; to attend; -- with on or upon.
- (v. i.) To await; to expect.
- (a.) To move in a certain direction; -- usually with to or towards.
- (a.) To be directed, as to any end, object, or purpose; to aim; to have or give a leaning; to exert activity or influence; to serve as a means; to contribute; as, our petitions, if granted, might tend to our destruction.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: DENT
- (n.) A stroke; a blow.
- (n.) A slight depression, or small notch or hollow, made by a blow or by pressure; an indentation.
- (n.) A tooth, as of a card, a gear wheel, etc.
- (v. t.) To make a dent upon; to indent.