- (n.) The unit of force, in the C. G. S. (Centimeter Gram Second) system of physical units; that is, the force which, acting on a gram for a second, generates a velocity of a centimeter per second.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: DENY
- (v. i.) To answer in /// negative; to declare an assertion not to be true.
- (v. t.) To declare not to be true; to gainsay; to contradict; -- opposed to affirm, allow, or admit.
- (v. t.) To refuse (to do something or to accept something); to reject; to decline; to renounce.
- (v. t.) To refuse to grant; to withhold; to refuse to gratify or yield to; as, to deny a request.
- (v. t.) To disclaim connection with, responsibility for, and the like; to refuse to acknowledge; to disown; to abjure; to disavow.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To throw; to cast.