- Select as an alternative over another; "I always choose the fish over the meat courses in this restaurant"; "She opted for the job on the East coast"
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions for: DEPOT
- (n.) A place of deposit for the storing of goods; a warehouse; a storehouse.
- (n.) A military station where stores and provisions are kept, or where recruits are assembled and drilled.
- (n.) The headquarters of a regiment, where all supplies are received and distributed, recruits are assembled and instructed, infirm or disabled soldiers are taken care of, and all the wants of the regiment are provided for.
- (n.) A railway station; a building for the accommodation and protection of railway passengers or freight.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tope