- Duck of the northern hemisphere much valued for the fine soft down of the females
- Large sea duck whose feathers are used to fill pillows and quilts.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: DESIRE
- (v. t.) To long for; to wish for earnestly; to covet.
- (v. t.) To express a wish for; to entreat; to request.
- (v. t.) To require; to demand; to claim.
- (v. t.) To miss; to regret.
- (v. t.) The natural longing that is excited by the enjoyment or the thought of any good, and impels to action or effort its continuance or possession; an eager wish to obtain or enjoy.
- (v. t.) An expressed wish; a request; petition.
- (v. t.) Anything which is desired; an object of longing.
- (v. t.) Excessive or morbid longing; lust; appetite.
- (v. t.) Grief; regret.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. i.) To dwell permanently or for a considerable time; to have a settled abode for a time; to abide continuosly; to have one's domicile of home; to remain for a long time.
- (v. i.) To have a seat or fixed position; to inhere; to lie or be as in attribute or element.
- (v. i.) To sink; to settle, as sediment.