- (adv.) In the place or room; -- usually followed by of.
- (adv.) Equivalent; equal to; -- usually with of.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: DETAINS
- Cause to be slowed down or delayed; "Traffic was delayed by the bad weather"; "she delayed the work that she didn't want to perform"
- Stop or halt; "Please stay the bloodshed!"
- Deprive of freedom; take into confinement
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (imp. & p. p.) of Saint
- (a.) Consecrated; sacred; holy; pious.
- (a.) Entered into heaven; -- a euphemism for dead.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Stain