Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: DIFFERENTIATED
- Made different (especially in the course of development) or shown to be different; "the differentiated markings of butterflies"; "the regionally differentiated results"
- Become distinct and acquire a different character
- Exhibiting biological specialization; adapted during development to a specific function or environment
- Evolve so as to lead to a new species or develop in a way most suited to the environment
- Become different during development; "cells differentiate"
- Calculate a derivative; take the derivative
- Mark as different; "We distinguish several kinds of maple"
- Be a distinctive feature, attribute, or trait; sometimes in a very positive sense; "His modesty distinguishes him from his peers"