Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: DIFFERENTIATES
- Become distinct and acquire a different character
- Evolve so as to lead to a new species or develop in a way most suited to the environment
- Become different during development; "cells differentiate"
- Calculate a derivative; take the derivative
- Mark as different; "We distinguish several kinds of maple"
- Be a distinctive feature, attribute, or trait; sometimes in a very positive sense; "His modesty distinguishes him from his peers"