- (a.) A disease of sheep, characterized by vertigo; the staggers. It is caused by the presence of the C/nurus, a larval tapeworm, in the brain. See C/nurus.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: DIG
- (n.) A thrust; a punch; a poke; as, a dig in the side or the ribs. See Dig, v. t., 4.
- (v. i.) To work with a spade or other like implement; to do servile work; to delve.
- (v. i.) To take ore from its bed, in distinction from making excavations in search of ore.
- (v. i.) To work like a digger; to study ploddingly and laboriously.
- (v. t.) To turn up, or delve in, (earth) with a spade or a hoe; to open, loosen, or break up (the soil) with a spade, or other sharp instrument; to pierce, open, or loosen, as if with a spade.
- (v. t.) To get by digging; as, to dig potatoes, or gold.
- (v. t.) To hollow out, as a well; to form, as a ditch, by removing earth; to excavate; as, to dig a ditch or a well.
- (v. t.) To thrust; to poke.
- (v. t.) A plodding and laborious student.