Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: DIGS
- The site of an archeological exploration; "they set up camp next to the dig"
- Get the meaning of something; "Do you comprehend the meaning of this letter?"
- Temporary living quarters
- An excavation for ore or precious stones or for archaeology
- Turn up, loosen, or remove earth; "Dig we must"; "turn over the soil for aeration"
- Remove the inner part or the core of; "the mining company wants to excavate the hillside"
- Create by digging; "dig a hole"; "dig out a channel"
- Thrust down or into; "dig the oars into the water"; "dig your foot into the floor"
- Remove, harvest, or recover by digging; "dig salt"; "dig coal"
- Work hard; "She was digging away at her math homework"; "Lexicographers drudge all day long"
- The act of touching someone suddenly with your finger or elbow; "she gave me a sharp dig in the ribs"
- A small gouge (as in the cover of a book); "the book was in good conditio