Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: DIKE
- (n.) A ditch; a channel for water made by digging.
- (n.) An embankment to prevent inundations; a levee.
- (n.) A wall of turf or stone.
- (n.) A wall-like mass of mineral matter, usually an intrusion of igneous rocks, filling up rents or fissures in the original strata.
- (v. i.) To work as a ditcher; to dig.
- (v. t.) To surround or protect with a dike or dry bank; to secure with a bank.
- (v. t.) To drain by a dike or ditch.