Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: DIRTY
- (superl.) Defiled with dirt; foul; nasty; filthy; not clean or pure; serving to defile; as, dirty hands; dirty water; a dirty white.
- (superl.) Sullied; clouded; -- applied to color.
- (superl.) Sordid; base; groveling; as, a dirty fellow.
- (superl.) Sleety; gusty; stormy; as, dirty weather.
- (v. t.) To foul; to make filthy; to soil; as, to dirty the clothes or hands.
- (v. t.) To tarnish; to sully; to scandalize; -- said of reputation, character, etc.