Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: DISDAIN
- (v. i.) To be filled with scorn; to feel contemptuous anger; to be haughty.
- (v. t.) A feeling of contempt and aversion; the regarding anything as unworthy of or beneath one; scorn.
- (v. t.) That which is worthy to be disdained or regarded with contempt and aversion.
- (v. t.) The state of being despised; shame.
- (v. t.) To think unworthy; to deem unsuitable or unbecoming; as, to disdain to do a mean act.
- (v. t.) To reject as unworthy of one's self, or as not deserving one's notice; to look with scorn upon; to scorn, as base acts, character, etc.