Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: DISTINGUISHES
- Detect with the senses; "The fleeing convicts were picked out of the darkness by the watchful prison guards"; "I can't make out the faces in this photograph"
- Recognising as different
- Mark as different; "We distinguish several kinds of maple"
- Be a distinctive feature, attribute, or trait; sometimes in a very positive sense; "His modesty distinguishes him from his peers"
- Identify as in botany or biology, for example
- Make conspicuous or noteworthy