Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: DITCH
- (n.) A trench made in the earth by digging, particularly a trench for draining wet land, for guarding or fencing inclosures, or for preventing an approach to a town or fortress. In the latter sense, it is called also a moat or a fosse.
- (n.) Any long, narrow receptacle for water on the surface of the earth.
- (v. i.) To dig a ditch or ditches.
- (v. t.) To dig a ditch or ditches in; to drain by a ditch or ditches; as, to ditch moist land.
- (v. t.) To surround with a ditch.
- (v. t.) To throw into a ditch; as, the engine was ditched and turned on its side.