- (n.) ; fem. of Deva. A goddess.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: DIVE
- (n.) A plunge headforemost into water, the act of one who dives, literally or figuratively.
- (n.) A place of low resort.
- (v. i.) To plunge into water head foremost; to thrust the body under, or deeply into, water or other fluid.
- (v. i.) Fig.: To plunge or to go deeply into any subject, question, business, etc.; to penetrate; to explore.
- (v. t.) To plunge (a person or thing) into water; to dip; to duck.
- (v. t.) To explore by diving; to plunge into.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Imperative sing. of L. videre, to see; -- used to direct attention to something; as, vide supra, see above.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Vie