- (n.) The Evil One; Satan, represented as the tempter and spiritual of mankind.
- (n.) An evil spirit; a demon.
- (n.) A very wicked person; hence, any great evil.
- (n.) An expletive of surprise, vexation, or emphasis, or, ironically, of negation.
- (n.) A dish, as a bone with the meat, broiled and excessively peppered; a grill with Cayenne pepper.
- (n.) A machine for tearing or cutting rags, cotton, etc.
- (v. t.) To make like a devil; to invest with the character of a devil.
- (v. t.) To grill with Cayenne pepper; to season highly in cooking, as with pepper.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: DIVEL
- (v. t.) To rend apart.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (imp. & p. p.) of Live
- (a.) Having life; -- used only in composition; as, long-lived; short-lived.
- (a.) Abusive; scurrilous; defamatory; vile.