- (n.) The quantity of medicine given, or prescribed to be taken, at one time.
- (n.) A sufficient quantity; a portion; as much as one can take, or as falls to one to receive.
- (n.) Anything nauseous that one is obliged to take; a disagreeable portion thrust upon one.
- (n.) To proportion properly (a medicine), with reference to the patient or the disease; to form into suitable doses.
- (n.) To give doses to; to medicine or physic to; to give potions to, constantly and without need.
- (n.) To give anything nauseous to.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: DOES
- The 3d pers. sing. pres. of Do.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A lyric poem with complex stanza forms