- A material effigy that is worshipped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"; "money was his god"
- Any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
- The supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe; the object of worship in monotheistic religions
- A man of such superior qualities that he seems like a deity to other people; "he was a god among men"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: DOGS
- Go after with the intent to catch; "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley"; "the dog chased the rabbit"
- A member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times; occurs in many breeds; "the dog barked all night"
- Metal supports for logs in a fireplace; "the andirons were too hot to touch"
- A hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward
- A smooth-textured sausage of minced beef or pork usually smoked; often served on a bread roll
- Someone who is morally reprehensible; "you dirty dog"
- Informal term for a man; "you lucky dog"
- A dull unattractive unpleasant girl or woman; "she got a reputation as a frump"; "she's a real dog"