- Be almost asleep; "The old man sat nodding by the fireplace"
- Let the head fall forward through drowsiness; "The old man was nodding in his chair"
- Lower and raise the head, as to indicate assent or agreement or confirmation; "The teacher nodded when the student gave the right answer"
- The act of nodding the head
- Express or signify by nodding; "He nodded his approval"
- A sign of assent or salutation or command
- Sway gently back and forth, as in a nodding motion; "the flowers were nodding in the breeze"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: DONS
- Put clothing on one's body; "What should I wear today?"; "He put on his best suit for the wedding"; "The princess donned a long blue dress"; "The queen assumed the stately robes"; "He got into his jeans"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A fillet; a headband; a snood.
- (a.) Trimmed; smooth; neat; trim; sly; cunning; demure.
- (v. t.) Alt. of Sonde