- (n.) An edge or point; also, a beginning.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: DOR
- (n.) A large European scaraboid beetle (Geotrupes stercorarius), which makes a droning noise while flying. The name is also applied to allied American species, as the June bug. Called also dorr, dorbeetle, or dorrbeetle, dorbug, dorrfly, and buzzard clock.
- (n.) A trick, joke, or deception.
- (v. t.) To make a fool of; to deceive.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A straight and slender stick; a wand; hence, any slender bar, as of wood or metal (applied to various purposes).
- (n.) An instrument of punishment or correction; figuratively, chastisement.
- (n.) A kind of sceptor, or badge of office; hence, figuratively, power; authority; tyranny; oppression.
- (n.) A support for a fishing line; a fish pole.
- (n.) A member used in tension, as for sustaining a suspended weight, or in tension and compression, as for transmitting reciprocating motion, etc.; a connecting bar.
- (n.) An instrument for measuring.
- (n.) A measure of length containing sixteen and a half feet; -- called also perch, and pole.