- (imp. & p. p.) of Toe
- (a.) Having (such or so many) toes; -- chiefly used in composition; as, narrow-toed, four-toed.
- (a.) Having the end secured by nails driven obliquely, said of a board, plank, or joist serving as a brace, and in general of any part of a frame secured to other parts by diagonal nailing.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: DOTE
- (n.) A marriage portion. [Obs.] See 1st Dot, n.
- (n.) Natural endowments.
- (n.) An imbecile; a dotard.
- (v. i.) To act foolishly.
- (v. i.) To be weak-minded, silly, or idiotic; to have the intellect impaired, especially by age, so that the mind wanders or wavers; to drivel.
- (v. i.) To be excessively or foolishly fond; to love to excess; to be weakly affectionate; -- with on or upon; as, the mother dotes on her child.