- (imp.) of Drive
- (imp.) of Drive.
- (n.) A collection of cattle driven, or cattle collected for driving; a number of animals, as oxen, sheep, or swine, driven in a body.
- (n.) Any collection of irrational animals, moving or driving forward; as, a finny drove.
- (n.) A crowd of people in motion.
- (n.) A road for driving cattle; a driftway.
- (n.) A narrow drain or channel used in the irrigation of land.
- (n.) A broad chisel used to bring stone to a nearly smooth surface; -- called also drove chisel.
- (n.) The grooved surface of stone finished by the drove chisel; -- called also drove work.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: DOVER
- The capital of the state of Delaware
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (imp. & p. p.) of Rove
- (n.) A Russian liquid measure, equal to 3.249 gallons of U. S. standard measure, or 2.706 imperial gallons.