- (n.) One who engages in rows, or noisy quarrels; a ruffianly fellow.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: DOWRY
- (n.) A gift; endowment.
- (n.) The money, goods, or estate, which a woman brings to her husband in marriage; a bride's portion on her marriage. See Note under Dower.
- (n.) A gift or presents for the bride, on espousal. See Dower.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (superl.) Of or pertaining to words; consisting of words; verbal; as, a wordy war.
- (superl.) Using many words; verbose; as, a wordy speaker.
- (superl.) Containing many words; full of words.