Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: DRAFF
- (n.) Refuse; lees; dregs; the wash given to swine or cows; hogwash; waste matter.
- (n.) The act of drawing; also, the thing drawn. Same as Draught.
- (n.) A selecting or detaching of soldiers from an army, or from any part of it, or from a military post; also from any district, or any company or collection of persons, or from the people at large; also, the body of men thus drafted.
- (n.) An order from one person or party to another, directing the payment of money; a bill of exchange.
- (n.) An allowance or deduction made from the gross veight of goods.
- (n.) A drawing of lines for a plan; a plan delineated, or drawn in outline; a delineation. See Draught.
- (n.) The form of any writing as first drawn up; the first rough sketch of written composition, to be filled in, or completed. See Draught.
- (n.) A narrow border left on a finished stone, worked differently from the rest of its face.
- (n.) A narrow border worked to a plane surface along the edge of a stone, or across its face, as a guide to the stone-cutter.
- (n.) The slant given to the furrows in the dress of a millstone.
- (n.) Depth of water necessary to float a ship. See Draught.
- (n.) A current of air. Same as Draught.