- (n.) Orig., a chicken; the young of a fowl; a young eaglet; a nestling; and hence, a feathered flying animal (see 2).
- (n.) A warm-blooded, feathered vertebrate provided with wings. See Aves.
- (n.) Specifically, among sportsmen, a game bird.
- (n.) Fig.: A girl; a maiden.
- (v. i.) To catch or shoot birds.
- (v. i.) Hence: To seek for game or plunder; to thieve.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: DRIB
- (n.) A drop.
- (v. t.) To do by little and little
- (v. t.) To cut off by a little at a time; to crop.
- (v. t.) To appropriate unlawfully; to filch; to defalcate.
- (v. t.) To lead along step by step; to entice.
- (v. t. & i.) To shoot (a shaft) so as to pierce on the descent.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A bird.