Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: DRIER
- (n.) One who, or that which, dries; that which may expel or absorb moisture; a desiccative; as, the sun and a northwesterly wind are great driers of the earth.
- (n.) Drying oil; a substance mingled with the oil used in oil painting to make it dry quickly.
- (superl.) Alt. of Driest
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) One who, or that which, rides.
- (n.) Formerly, an agent who went out with samples of goods to obtain orders; a commercial traveler.
- (n.) One who breaks or manages a horse.
- (n.) An addition or amendment to a manuscript or other document, which is attached on a separate piece of paper; in legislative practice, an additional clause annexed to a bill while in course of passage; something extra or burdensome that is imposed.
- (n.) A problem of more than usual difficulty added to another on an examination paper.
- (n.) A Dutch gold coin having the figure of a man on horseback stamped upon it.
- (n.) Rock material in a vein of ore, dividing it.
- (n.) An interior rib occasionally fixed in a ship's hold, reaching from the keelson to the beams of the lower deck, to strengthen her frame.
- (n.) The second tier of casks in a vessel's hold.
- (n.) A small forked weight which straddles the beam of a balance, along which it can be moved in the manner of the weight on a steelyard.
- (n.) A robber.