- (a.) Next after the second; coming after two others; -- the ordinal of three; as, the third hour in the day.
- (a.) Constituting or being one of three equal parts into which anything is divided; as, the third part of a day.
- (n.) The quotient of a unit divided by three; one of three equal parts into which anything is divided.
- (n.) The sixtieth part of a second of time.
- (n.) The third tone of the scale; the mediant.
- (n.) The third part of the estate of a deceased husband, which, by some local laws, the widow is entitled to enjoy during her life.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: DRITH
- (n.) Drought.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Third.
- (v. t.) To pass through in the manner of a thread or a needle; to make or find a course through; to thread.
- (v. t.) To make or effect (a way or course) through something; as, to thrid one's way through a wood.
- (n.) Thread; continuous line.