Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: DRONE
- (n.) To utter or make a low, dull, monotonous, humming or murmuring sound.
- (n.) To love in idleness; to do nothing.
- (v. i.) The male of bees, esp. of the honeybee. It gathers no honey. See Honeybee.
- (v. i.) One who lives on the labors of others; a lazy, idle fellow; a sluggard.
- (v. i.) That which gives out a grave or monotonous tone or dull sound; as: (a) A drum. [Obs.] Halliwell. (b) The part of the bagpipe containing the two lowest tubes, which always sound the key note and the fifth.
- (v. i.) A humming or deep murmuring sound.
- (v. i.) A monotonous bass, as in a pastoral composition.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A kind of script in which the heavy strokes are nearly upright, giving the characters when taken together a round look.