- Urge on; cause to act; "The other children egged the boy on, but he did not want to throw the stone through the window"
- To push against gently; "She nudged my elbow when she saw her friend enter the restaurant"
- A pointed instrument that is used to prod into a state of motion
- A verbalization that encourages you to attempt something; "the ceaseless prodding got on his nerves"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: DROPS
- Give birth; used for animals; "The cow dropped her calf this morning"
- To fall vertically; "the bombs are dropping on enemy targets"
- Grow worse; "Her condition deteriorated"; "Conditions in the slums degenerated"; "The discussion devolved into a shouting match"
- Let fall to the ground; "Don't drop the dishes"
- Fall or sink into a state of exhaustion or death; "shop til you drop"
- Fall or descend to a lower place or level; "He sank to his knees"
- Stop pursuing or acting; "drop a lawsuit"; "knock it off!"
- Pay out; "spend money"
- Lower the pitch of (musical notes)
- Terminate an association with; "drop him from the Republican ticket"
- Go down in value; "Stock prices dropped"
- Stop associating with;
- Change from one level to another; "She dropped into army jargon"
- Hang freely; "the ornaments dangled from the tree"; "The light dropped from the ceiling"
- The act of d
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A salmon in its second year.