- (n.) One who dupes another.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: DRUPE
- (n.) A fruit consisting of pulpy, coriaceous, or fibrous exocarp, without valves, containing a nut or stone with a kernel. The exocarp is succulent in the plum, cherry, apricot, peach, etc.; dry and subcoriaceous in the almond; and fibrous in the cocoanut.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) One placed on watch, or in ambush.
- (a.) A soldier sent on a forlorn hope.
- (a.) Alt. of Perdue
- (a.) A woman of affected modesty, reserve, or coyness; one who is overscrupulous or sensitive; one who affects extraordinary prudence in conduct and speech.
- (a.) Purified; refined.