Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: DUCKS
- Avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues); "He dodged the issue"; "she skirted the problem"; "They tend to evade their responsibilities"; "he evaded the questions skillfully"
- To move (the head or body) quickly downwards or away; "Before he could duck, another stone struck him"
- Submerge or plunge suddenly
- Small wild or domesticated web-footed broad-billed swimming bird usually having a depressed body and short legs
- Dip into a liquid; "He dipped into the pool"
- A heavy cotton fabric of plain weave; used for clothing and tents
- Flesh of a duck (domestic or wild)
- (cricket) a score of nothing by a batsman