Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: DUN
- (a.) Of a dark color; of a color partaking of a brown and black; of a dull brown color; swarthy.
- (n.) A mound or small hill.
- (n.) One who duns; a dunner.
- (n.) An urgent request or demand of payment; as, he sent his debtor a dun.
- (v. t.) To cure, as codfish, in a particular manner, by laying them, after salting, in a pile in a dark place, covered with salt grass or some like substance.
- (v. t. & i.) To ask or beset, as a debtor, for payment; to urge importunately.