- (n.) An unctuous preparation for external application, of a consistence intermediate between that of an ointment and a plaster, so that it can be spread upon cloth without the use of heat, but does not melt when applied to the skin.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ECARTE
- (n.) A game at cards, played usually by two persons, in which the players may discard any or all of the cards dealt and receive others from the pack.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Created; composed; begotten.
- (v. t.) To bring into being; to form out of nothing; to cause to exist.
- (v. t.) To effect by the agency, and under the laws, of causation; to be the occasion of; to cause; to produce; to form or fashion; to renew.
- (v. t.) To invest with a new form, office, or character; to constitute; to appoint; to make; as, to create one a peer.