- (n.) A female deer or antelope; specifically, the female of the fallow deer, of which the male is called a buck. Also applied to the female of other animals, as the rabbit. See the Note under Buck.
- (n.) A feat. [Obs.] See Do, n.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: EDO
- The capital and largest city of Japan; the economic and cultural center of Japan
- A member of a west African people living in the tropical forest region of southern Nigeria
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A short poetical composition proper to be set to music or sung; a lyric poem; esp., now, a poem characterized by sustained noble sentiment and appropriate dignity of style.
- An unabridged dictionary constructed on historical principles