- (a.) Sharp; bitter; acid; sour.
- (a. & n.) See Eager, and Eagre.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: EGER
- (a.) Alt. of Egre
- (n.) An impetuous flood; a bore. See Eagre.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Alt. of Geering
- (n.) Gear.
- (n.) Good will; favor; pleasure; satisfaction; -- used esp. in such phrases as: to take in gree; to accept in gree; that is, to take favorably.
- (n.) Rank; degree; position.
- (n.) The prize; the honor of the day; as, to bear the gree, i. e., to carry off the prize.
- (v. i.) To agree.
- (n.) A step.