- (a.) Exhibiting unsoundness or disorded of mind; not sane; mad; deranged in mind; delirious; distracted. See Insanity, 2.
- (a.) Used by, or appropriated to, insane persons; as, an insane hospital.
- (a.) Causing insanity or madness.
- (a.) Characterized by insanity or the utmost folly; chimerical; unpractical; as, an insane plan, attempt, etc.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Clay that is colored red or brown by the oxides of iron or manganese, and used as a pigment. It is used either in the raw state or burnt.