- (n.) A mark or depression in the middle of the abdomen; the umbilicus. See Umbilicus.
- (n.) The central part or point of anything; the middle.
- (n.) An eye on the under side of a carronade for securing it to a carriage.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ELVAN
- (a.) Pertaining to elves; elvish.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to certain veins of feldspathic or porphyritic rock crossing metalliferous veins in the mining districts of Cornwall; as, an elvan course.
- (n.) Alt. of Elvanite
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Of or pertaining to veins; venous; as, venal blood.
- (a.) Capable of being bought or obtained for money or other valuable consideration; made matter of trade or barter; held for sale; salable; mercenary; purchasable; hireling; as, venal services.