- (n.) One who avenges or vindicates; as, an avenger of blood.
- (n.) One who takes vengeance.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ENGRAVE
- (v. t.) To deposit in the grave; to bury.
- (v. t.) To cut in; to make by incision.
- (v. t.) To cut with a graving instrument in order to form an inscription or pictorial representation; to carve figures; to mark with incisions.
- (v. t.) To form or represent by means of incisions upon wood, stone, metal, or the like; as, to engrave an inscription.
- (v. t.) To impress deeply; to infix, as if with a graver.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A kind of sweet wine from Italy.