- (n.) Alt. of Arpen
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ENTRAP
- (v. t.) To catch in a trap; to insnare; hence, to catch, as in a trap, by artifices; to involve in difficulties or distresses; to catch or involve in contradictions; as, to be entrapped by the devices of evil men.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (p. a.) Thrown into ecstasy; transported; enraptured.
- (n.) One who pants.
- (n.) A keeper of the pantry; a pantler.
- (n.) A net; a noose.
- (n.) One who begets, or brings forth, offspring; a father or a mother.
- (n.) That which produces; cause; source; author; begetter; as, idleness is the parent of vice.
- (n.) A crown-saw or cylindrical saw for perforating the skull, turned, when used, like a bit or gimlet. See Trephine.
- (n.) A kind of broad chisel for sinking shafts.
- (v. t. & i.) To perforate (the skull) with a trepan, so as to remove a portion of the bone, and thus relieve the brain from pressure or irritation; to perform an operation with the trepan.
- (n.) A snare; a trapan.
- (n.) a deceiver; a cheat.
- (v. t.) To insnare; to trap; to trapan.