- In the Old Testament, the first son of Seth, also spelled Enosh.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: EONS
- (Gnosticism) a divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe
- An immeasurably long period of time; "oh, that happened eons ago"
- The longest division of geological time
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (pl.) of No
- (n.) The prominent part of the face or anterior extremity of the head containing the nostrils and olfactory cavities; the olfactory organ. See Nostril, and Olfactory organ under Olfactory.
- (n.) The power of smelling; hence, scent.
- (n.) A projecting end or beak at the front of an object; a snout; a nozzle; a spout; as, the nose of a bellows; the nose of a teakettle.
- (v. t.) To smell; to scent; hence, to track, or trace out.
- (v. t.) To touch with the nose; to push the nose into or against; hence, to interfere with; to treat insolently.
- (v. t.) To utter in a nasal manner; to pronounce with a nasal twang; as, to nose a prayer.
- (v. i.) To smell; to sniff; to scent.
- (v. i.) To pry officiously into what does not concern one.
- (adv.) Once.
- A unit of perceived loudness equal to the loudness of a 1000-hertz tone at 40 dB above threshold