- (a.) Of or pertaining to sepia; done in sepia; as, a sepic drawing.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: EPICS
- A long narrative poem telling of a hero's deeds
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Species; kind.
- (n.) A vegetable production of many kinds, fragrant or aromatic and pungent to the taste, as pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, allspice, ginger, cloves, etc., which are used in cookery and to flavor sauces, pickles, etc.
- (n.) Figuratively, that which enriches or alters the quality of a thing in a small degree, as spice alters the taste of food; that which gives zest or pungency; a slight flavoring; a relish; hence, a small quantity or admixture; a sprinkling; as, a spice of mischief.
- (v. t.) To season with spice, or as with spice; to mix aromatic or pungent substances with; to flavor; to season; as, to spice wine; to spice one's words with wit.
- (v. t.) To fill or impregnate with the odor of spices.
- (v. t.) To render nice or dainty; hence, to render scrupulous.