Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: EPOS
- (n.) An epic.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A Spanish dollar; also, an Argentine, Chilian, Colombian, etc., coin, equal to from 75 cents to a dollar; also, a pound weight.
- (a.) Standing still, with all the feet on the ground; -- said of the attitude of a lion, horse, or other beast.
- (n.) A cold in the head; catarrh.
- (v. t.) The attitude or position of a person; the position of the body or of any member of the body; especially, a position formally assumed for the sake of effect; an artificial position; as, the pose of an actor; the pose of an artist's model or of a statue.
- (v. t.) To place in an attitude or fixed position, for the sake of effect; to arrange the posture and drapery of (a person) in a studied manner; as, to pose a model for a picture; to pose a sitter for a portrait.
- (v. i.) To assume and maintain a studied attitude, with studied arrangement of drapery; to strike an attitude; to attitudinize; figuratively, to assume or affect a certain character; as, she poses as a prude.
- (v. t.) To interrogate; to question.
- (v. t.) To question with a view to puzzling; to embarrass by questioning or scrutiny; to bring to a stand.
- (n.) See Soap.