- A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters
- (Greek mythology) Greek god of war; son of Zeus and Hera; identified with Roman Mars
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ERAS
- (pl.) of Era
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The buttocks, or hind part of an animal; the posteriors; the fundament; the bottom.
- The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium
- The externally visible cartilaginous structure of the external ear
- Good hearing; "he had a keen ear"; "a good ear for pitch"
- Attention to what is said; "he tried to get her ear"
- Fruiting spike of a cereal plant especially corn
- (v. t.) To rub along the surface of; to graze.
- (v. t.) To rub or scratch out; to erase.
- (v. t.) To level with the ground; to overthrow; to destroy; to raze.
- (v. i.) To be leveled with the ground; to fall; to suffer overthrow.
- (n.) A scratching out, or erasure.
- (n.) A slight wound; a scratch.
- (n.) A way of measuring in which the commodity measured was made even with the top of the measuring vessel by rasing, or striking off, all that was above it.
- (a.) Alt. of Sere
- (a.) To wither; to dry up.
- (a.) To burn (the surface of) to dryness and hardness; to cauterize; to expose to a degree of heat such as changes the color or the hardness and texture of the surface; to scorch; to make callous; as, to sear the skin or flesh. Also used figuratively.
- (n.) The catch in a gunlock by which the hammer is held cocked or half cocked.