- (n.) One who forms; a maker; a creator.
- (n.) A shape around which an article is to be shaped, molded, woven wrapped, pasted, or otherwise constructed.
- (n.) A templet, pattern, or gauge by which an article is shaped.
- (n.) A cutting die.
- (a.) Preceding in order of time; antecedent; previous; prior; earlier; hence, ancient; long past.
- (a.) Near the beginning; preceeding; as, the former part of a discourse or argument.
- (a.) Earlier, as between two things mentioned together; first mentioned.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t. & i.) To give a new form to; to form anew; to take form again, or to take a new form; as, to re-form the line after a charge.
- (v. t.) To put into a new and improved form or condition; to restore to a former good state, or bring from bad to good; to change from worse to better; to amend; to correct; as, to reform a profligate man; to reform corrupt manners or morals.
- (v. i.) To return to a good state; to amend or correct one's own character or habits; as, a man of settled habits of vice will seldom reform.
- (n.) Amendment of what is defective, vicious, corrupt, or depraved; reformation; as, reform of elections; reform of government.