- A musical instrument that sounds by means of a vibrating reed
- A vibrator consisting of a thin strip of stiff material that vibrates to produce a tone when air streams over it; "the clarinetist fitted a new reed onto his mouthpiece"
- United States physician who proved that yellow fever is transmitted by mosquitoes (1851-1902)
- United States journalist who reported on the October Revolution from Petrograd in 1917; founded the Communist Labor Party in America in 1919; is buried in the Kremlin in Moscow (1887-1920)
- Tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (Judaism) the ceremonial dinner on the first night (or both nights) of Passover