- (n.) The herb dill, or dillseed.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ETNA
- (n.) A kind of small, portable, cooking apparatus for which heat is furnished by a spirit lamp.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Each player's stake, which is put into the pool before (ante) the game begins.
- (v. t. & i.) To put up (an ante).
- The sun (or solar disc) which was the deity of a monotheistic cult under the Pharaoh Akhenaten
- (n. sing. & pl.) Cattle of the genus Bos, as distinguished from horses, sheep, and goats; an animal of the genus Bos; as, a neat's tongue; a neat's foot.
- (n.) Of or pertaining to the genus Bos, or to cattle of that genus; as, neat cattle.
- (a.) Free from that which soils, defiles, or disorders; clean; cleanly; tidy.
- (a.) Free from what is unbecoming, inappropriate, or tawdry; simple and becoming; pleasing with simplicity; tasteful; chaste; as, a neat style; a neat dress.
- (a.) Free from admixture or adulteration; good of its kind; as, neat brandy.
- (a.) Excellent in character, skill, or performance, etc.; nice; finished; adroit; as, a neat design; a neat thief.
- (a.) With all deductions or allowances made; net. [In this sense usually written net. See Net, a., 3.]
- P. p. of Ta, to take, or a contraction of Taken.
- Alt. of Ta'en