- (n.) The act of breaking apart, or separating; the state of being broken asunder; as, the rupture of the skin; the rupture of a vessel or fiber; the rupture of a lutestring.
- (n.) Breach of peace or concord between individuals; open hostility or war between nations; interruption of friendly relations; as, the parties came to a rupture.
- (n.) Hernia. See Hernia.
- (n.) A bursting open, as of a steam boiler, in a less sudden manner than by explosion. See Explosion.
- (v. t.) To part by violence; to break; to burst; as, to rupture a blood vessel.
- (v. t.) To produce a hernia in.
- (v. i.) To suffer a breach or disruption.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.